단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

Please pray for:

-Wisdom, Understanding, and Knowledge

-My friends here

-The mission and Noah's Ark

Something God has been speaking to me of late is what the gift of restored friendship with God means for us, not in an esoteric, far off reality, but for the here and now.

For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God$B!G(Bs abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ!

I think a life that is aware of having received the abundant provision of grace, and the gift of righteousness to reign in life will be marked by several things, starting with continual increase in knowledge of relationship to God (what He's done/does for us, His power/dominion, son-ship, His personality, faith),

• Thus supernatural power over sin and its work in this world, favor in all things
  • Healthy relationships (even enemies made turn to friends, respect you)
  • A blossoming love for people, and service
  • A magnetic personality, (whether intro or extroverted) 
  • Order and discipline
  • A deep peace that persists despite trails
  • A joy that bubbles up when conscious of Him
  • Prosperity in whatever you put your hand to
Who wouldn't want these things? Yet they are available, and so much more. This is not a succinct or exhaustive list, but as of my understanding of this life now, I believe we grow in and reflect these things. We are made in the image of God, and restored through Christ. But the New Covenant is much better than the old, so we even have more than Adam and Eve did. Some of the ministers I've been listening to recently, including Jason Westerfield, Dan Molher, Ian Clayton, John Crowder, and Jonathan Welton, have greatly kindled my desire to go where I haven't been before, and broken down a lot of my cultural and religious beliefs.
Ultimately, I think it comes down to gaining understanding in what the Cross of Christ does to mankind (Jesus in the new creation with all His glory), believing that God is always good, and always loves you. If you can do this, you will be able to believe for difficult things, and live a life of praise, which disarms all functions of the demonic world around you. Where ever we are, there is always more of Him to drink in, so open up wide!!

Everything here is going well with me. I'm staring down at the last few weeks of my time here, and conscious of the pace at which it will soon become a memory. I suppose since I have about a month left here, that next month's entry can provide a bit of a year long evaluation.

What can I say? Even if nothing had turned out my way, and I had nothing new to report, I would be brimming with good news. All the time I'm understanding more of this thing, and it's awesome. Regardless, many, many good things have happened over the last month, more than I think is fitting for a quick read, but I will recap a bit.

The preschool is about the same, with the pastor having just returned from his month long trip to America. We had a fine time without him, though it was a little stressful on his wife because of responsibilities and whatnot. We are enjoying every day having fun with the kids, while being adamant about stewarding our time with them well through challenging study, and not being weary about correcting their behavior and English through love. We have seen dramatic changes in the behaviors and thus personalities, in wonderful fashion, with at least 4 of our students. Whether it be the teaching methods, Bible studies, our presence around them, or just love, they have turned from being selfish and rude, to full of kind words and more obedient.

At probably the same pace as the last couple months, through conversation of Truth, prayer, and time, I've been able to love many people. Often times, my Japanese mother provides the connection in some way. Many times last month, if only for a moment, when I get a chance to bless someone through prayer, they responded with a manifestation of God's warmth, peace, love, etc in their hearts. God's love is power, but power has the remarkable ability to break down any semblance of a spiritual blockade in people's hearts. As Dan Mohler says, it's often not until you've actually walked away, showing you want nothing of them other than to love them, that they receive the full impact of their encounter of God through you. That's right! No conditions! As soon as a string is attached to our love, it falls short of it's tremendous, life changing potential and purpose.

Recently, Sanae and I were at a coffee shop, when someone she says she knew walked in. The woman (about 70) started complimenting me on my eyes (umm thank you :) ) when I asked if she had any pain in her body. She said yes, her knee. We prayed and she said it felt better, and she wanted to talk to us about a more serious issue, after she took her rice bag home. She came back and told us that she walked up 4 flights of stairs, and there was no pain! She had the pain for 7 years. It opened her up, and she proceeded to talk to us about all these troubled times she was having in her family. We talked to her for about 20 min on God's strong affection for her, that He wasn't mad, His desire for relationship, and that it was all about receiving from Him. His perfect forgiveness and promise for a fruitful, full life of Him. We also made sure to patiently listen to her. Then she received! After she prayed with us, she said her heart lightened up, and she cried. When we take out the Christianese and words that are not meant to be used, when we try to describe the pure Gospel to someone, as my dad says, it's irresistible. O taste and see!

Another woman walks in one day to the same place, and comes over to say hi. I felt like I got a word for her neck, and asked her, do you have neck pain? To which she responded, no, but my throat is bothering me because of allergies! We prayed and she got immediate relief.

One day I went to play basketball at the local Christian high school. I was chatting with one young (14 I think?) believer towards the end, when he points out that one leg of his is shorter than the other, and his hip is messed up. I asked him to pray, and he said sure. I lined him up so I could see the length of both of his legs clearly, and saw that the left was longer than the right. Without telling him I asked, and he confirmed it. Then I prayed for his leg to grow. In about 20 seconds, it exactly matched the other! Again without telling him, I asked if he moved at all, and if he felt anything. He said I didn't move, and my right leg was hurting! Then he said it felt different to walk. What a small thing it is to the Lord, to create in precision all the tailored cells he needed in a moment of time to grow his leg out, out of thin air.

Another time at a different cafe, I saw a blind man walk in. I asked if he was blind, and if I could pray. He said OK, and I asked if he could read anything on the lunch menu. He positively said no, without even trying very hard, as if to say anything along those lines would be too difficult. I prayed, and he stared at it for about 30 seconds or more, continually saying "eh?" "eh!" as if by surprise, then read out-loud the words "menu". I confirmed, you couldn't read any of this before right, and he said that was right. Wow! His wife turned out to be a part of a dangerous Buddhist sect, and I got to talk to them both for about 10 minutes about the love of God and His reality. It went really well!

One day a guy came into basketball who my friend said was eventually going to take over his parents post as a Buddhist priest. He also happened to have a knee pad, so I asked him what was wrong, and if I could pray for him. He agreed although he said he had no pain, but felt God's warmth and presence. I didn't get to speak to him long, but it was great.

One day I went to a Christian prophecy cafe, where people trained in listening by faith to God's voice to speak over people's lives work. They are very good and accurate! Interestingly, I felt I got a word for one of the waitresses that turned out to be pretty gifted. I saw her as a trophy that God is showing off, and so proud of. She burst into tears saying that she was wondering if God was pleased with her! It's sad, but often times churches don't teach people on how much the Father adores us and is pleased with us, the knowledge of which can evade us, even if we have strong spiritual gifts. 

There have been many others who I've gotten a chance to pray for or speak to about the Kingdom. I pray you enjoy yourself in this role of royalty more and more as we learn who we are. There is a river inside, waiting to bubble up. We can live in that! Thank you Kind One, for all you do. GBY

1. No Image 20Oct
    by
    2013/10/20

Forkkios Newsletter (10/15/13)

2. No Image 13Oct
    by
    2013/10/13

David & Lila Chang (9-29-13)

3. 13Oct
    by
    2013/10/13

Alex & Pam Im letter (9-22-13)

4. No Image 21Jun
    by Yulmi Shin
    2013/06/21

Jesse Newsletter (6-18-13)

5. No Image 21May
    by
    2013/05/21

Jesse letter (5-12-13)

6. No Image 17Apr
    by
    2013/04/17

Jesse Newsletter (4-15-13)

7. No Image 10Apr
    by
    2013/04/10

James & Denese Forkkio Newsletter (4-9-13)

8. No Image 05Apr
    by
    2013/04/05

David & Lila Chang Newsletter (3-31-13)

9. No Image 20Feb
    by
    2013/02/20

David & Lila Chang Newsletter (2-20-13)

10. No Image 12Feb
    by
    2013/02/12

James & Denese Forkkio Newsletter (2-12-13)

11. No Image 06Feb
    by
    2013/02/06

Jesse Newsletter (2-5-13)

12. No Image 12Jan
    by
    2013/01/12

Alex & Pam Im newsletter (1-12-13)

13. No Image 10Jan
    by
    2013/01/10

James & Denese Forkkio's Newsletter - 1/10/13

14. No Image 10Jan
    by
    2013/01/10

Jesse newsletter - 1/5/13

15. No Image 24Nov
    by
    2012/11/24

David & Lila Chang e-mail (11-22-12)

16. No Image 20Nov
    by
    2012/11/20

James & Denese Forkkio Newsletter (11-17-12)

17. No Image 07Nov
    by
    2012/11/07

Jesse Newsletter (11-2-12)

18. No Image 01Nov
    by
    2012/11/01

James & Denese Forkkio newsletter (10-25-12)

19. No Image 16Oct
    by
    2012/10/16

David & Lila Chang Newsletter (10-14-12)

20. No Image 11Oct
    by
    2012/10/11

Sg & Hd Newsletter (10-11-12)

Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
/ 5
SCROLL TOP