• About missions:
- The Mission Committee oversees all mission related activities.
- Specific tasks include:
• Defining and maintenance of the missions policy and procedure:
• Definitions and Requirements for Long-term & Short-term missions
• Application Process
• Support Guidelines:
o Financial support Guidelines
o Fundraising Guidelines
• Support teams oversight and management.
• Finance (Budget)
• Visions for the future
• Short-term Missions:
o Vision/Purpose: You may ask, “Why run short-term missions trips?”, or “Why participate in a missions trip?” Our response is, “Because our Lord himself told us to do so.” His clear instructions were to go into the world and tend to the spiritual and physical needs of the impoverished and poor in spirit.
o A short-term mission trip is a practical and quick way to do that and provides following benefits for people:
- A broader perspective of the world and increase cross cultural understanding
- A taste of culture other than their own
- A transformed view of the world and its needs
- An opportunity to share their faith in both word and deed
- It also helps church members understand Christian missions better and even consider full-time missions service.
o Involving believers in world evangelization will change their hearts forever and they will no longer believe that their home country, school, neighborhood, network of friends, jobs are the center of the universe.
o Current Opportunities:
Mission to “C” Country:
• Date: May 30 – June 13, 2009
Mission to Samar, Philippines:
• Date: Jan 2 – Jan 16, 2010
• Long term Missions:
• Mission is a mandate from God.
• Mission represents God’s heart toward His people.
• Mission is God’s ultimate calling for believers.
• Just before Jesus ascended into heaven, He gave seven basic commands through Matthew 28:19-20 that have come to be known collectively as the Great Commission.
o Current EC Missionaries:
Daniel and Ruth Kim(Samar, Philippines)
Sungil and Heidi Jung(“K” country)
Chongho & Kris Won (YWAM, Kona, Hi)
Brian & Jennifer Chang (InterVarsity Christian Fellowship)
Helen Tak (New Mission Systems International)
• Mission Contacts:
o Leader: Sang Na email@example.com
o Long Term Missions: Denese Forkkio firstname.lastname@example.org
o Short Term Mission: Neil Kim email@example.com
o Mission fundraising: Chris Lee firstname.lastname@example.org
o Mission Awareness: Bernie & Maggie Kim email@example.com