크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄
“Happy New Year”

Rev. Jason Kim

“And so I solemnly urge you before God and before Christ Jesus, who will someday judge the living and the dead when he appears to set up his Kingdom: Preach the word of God.  Be persistent, whether the time is favorable or not.  Patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage your people with good teaching. For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to right teaching.  They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever they want to hear.  They will reject the truth and
follow strange myths.  But you should keep a clear mind in every situation.  Don’t be afraid of suffering for the lord.  Work at bringing others to Christ. 
Complete the ministry God has given you.” 2 Timothy 4:1-5, NLT
Dear NCFC family, Happy New Year!  As we begin a brand New Year, I’m praying that you are excited for His awesome experiences and adventures.  May the Spirit of living God empower and lead you every step into the fullness of life. 
As your pastor, I am excited for His revealed Word for us to focus on 2017.  In the scripture above, you will find the final words from Paul to his younger brother in faith and apprentice named Timothy.  Inspired by the Holy Spirit, Paul realized that Satan would relentlessly attack the Word of God.  And as Paul charged Timothy to be faithful in preaching the Word, I’m deeply convicted that God is charging all of us to do the same in the upcoming new year.  As you can see, there’s absolutely no doubt about Paul’s passion and trust in the power of God’s Word.  Especially in view of the coming of His judgment and kingdom, we all should sense the urgency to preach/teach/share God’s Word.  Think about it, if the entire universe was spoken into existence by God, then how hard would it be for God to change our/people’s lives via His Word?  I take great confidence and comfort in trusting the following, “For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.” (Hebrews 4:12) God has entrusted His Word to His people to share with others because it alone can save and transform lives. Paul added, “How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!” (Romans 10:14-15) Also John wrote, “the truth shall make you free.” (John 8:32b)
We are living in the times where people are more interested in the latest fads while turning away from the Word of God.  In such time as this, I want to echo Paul’s charge to Timothy to NCFC, “Complete your ministry!”  Know and understand what is the definition of ministry - ministry is helping people to move from where they are to where God wants them to be.  We are His representatives/agents in helping people move from life of uselessness to usefulness…purposeless to purposeful…hopeless to hopeful.  There’s impending return of Jesus and more so than ever, we must press on, endure, persevere, to complete ministry no matter what the cost may be. 
Brothers and sisters, I urge you to prayerfully and faithfully join with others in completing the ministry God has given you.  May people come to know and trust Jesus as their personal Savior and the Lord.  May you experience an abundance of life which He came for.  To God be the glory.  Sola de Gloria, Jason Kim

List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
186 Letter from the Board of Elders NCFC 2013.06.16 15321
185 Baptism Experience NCFC 2014.08.24 7547
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 93 Next
/ 93
SCROLL TOP